My 6 + 4 Pickleball Resolutions for 2022 (original idea and some text originally from the Pickler Newsletter with my edits):
1. I will not blame the wind every time I hit a third-shot drop into the net – especially when playing indoors.
2. I will call kitchen-line foot faults against myself at all times during rec play - until the score reaches 8.
3. I will not hit a hard smash directly at a vulnerable opponent – except one who has already left a red mark on my torso during the same game.
4. I will avoid taking issue with an opponent’s line call, and if that’s not possible, I will avoid saying something like, “even Stevie would have called that in.”
5. I will be kind to new players learning the game, because you never know: one day one of them might be your orthopedic surgeon, investment advisor or dentist.
6. I will not pretend to inspect the ball for cracks after I muff an easy return - and 4 more for good fortune...
7. When playing pickleball with somebody who stops play to answer cell phone calls on the court, I will not derisively refer to that person as “prime minister” for the rest of the session.
8. I will spend less time watching YouTube pickleball videos during Zoom meetings at work or with family.
9. I will not buy more than three paddles in 2022, unless I win the lottery or improve my skill rating by a point.
10. If the score is called out incorrectly, I will speak up – unless it’s in my/our favour!!
What are your 2022 Pickleball resolutions? Enjoy and play safe!!