David Snell, CEO FusionPipe, Accepting Award for BC's
Most Innovative Company, Audience Choice
Chartwell undertakes Executive Assignments which typically last anywhere from 90 days to several years, and have included "employee" status assignments or interim exectutive roles at the request of the client. These assignments have included the following:
* Advisor, then CEO, and later Chairman of the Board of a mobile solutions cybersecurity company. Raised an initial oversubscribed Angel Seed Round and hired the team to commercialize password-less authentication and hyper-encryption apps. Awards include BC's Most Innovative Tech Company, NextBC Audience Award BC's Most Innovative Tech Company, Go! Vancouver Shaw TV Backgrounder, and BCTIA finalist as Most Promising Start Up. Led financing efforts which raised $7M from equity investments as well as local, provincial and federal Government technology financing programs.
* Founding investor and Advisory Board member of a Internet-based reservation service specializing in vacation planning and real-time reservations for B&B, condo and boutique hotel bookings. Majority of lead generation was accomplished through Google AdWords and strategic partnering, leading to revenues in excess of $1M from a start-up, in the second year of operation. Bought by a travel company.
*Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for a mobile software application developer and mobile website creator specializing in the Event, Meeting, Film Festival, and Travel and Entertainment industries. Hired initially on a 90 day consulting agreement to research, recommend, and then hired to implement a new 3 year plan and initiatives. Completely redefined the target market and mobile solution set, introducing a unique way to monetize mobile applications through B2B licensing and support agreements, which led to a 1600% increase in revenues year over year, a 5000%+ 5 year improvement, a run rate of $5M from $86K in 2 years, and a plan to double again. Honoured as BC's 12th fastest growing company, BC's BCTIA Emerging Company of the Year (twice) and on the top 25 Ready To Rocket list.
* Acting VP Sales and Marketing for a networking control and monitoring solution aimed at fixed line and mobile carriers world wide. Helped to redefine their strategic partner relationships and solidify the channel to market. Investigated and implemented new target market initiatives for their network control solutions.
* Chief Operating Officer of a SaaS online brandable suite of collaboration services (VoIP, video, IM, whiteboarding, PPT) tasked with developing and executing a new 3 year business plan to compete with the industry "gorilla". Helped to raise in excess of $500k in equity financing and closed a major white label contract with one of the largest North American Telcos in the seven figure range.
* Full time (employee) assignments have included SVP Operations and Customer Care for a SaaS partnership and eCommerce service, VP Global Sales for a softphone collaboration solutions company, and, VP Sales and Marketing for a telephony products, as well as a $20M 3D machine vision hardware and software solutions company.